Now that school is back in session we are trying our best to get back into a solid morning routine. We all know how it goes, Mom is so busy getting everyone else out the door each morning that she is the one forgotten. Most mornings I find myself leaving the house without having breakfast.
On mornings I have some small errands to run, either an appointment for my youngest, grocery shopping or a quick trip to the bank. Once I have left the house to do school drop off I don’t want to head back into the house just to grab a quick bite to eat. This would mean taking the toddler out of the car seat which is not an easy task.
I have found a solution to my problem that gives me the energy that I need to get me through my morning. This smoothie is quick and easy to make and is perfect for the mom on the go. I now can whip this up and take it to go as we do the mad dash for the van in the morning.
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 heaping tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup of ice
- whip cream (optional)
- Place milk, yogurt, vanilla, banana, peanut butter and ice into your blender.
- Replace lid and blend for 1-2 minutes or to desired consistency.
- Pour into a mason jar or desired cup.
- Top with whip cream & banana slices.
See, quick and easy! Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.